Mellow Moroccan Chicken Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken
- 4 tablespoons Mellow Moroccan Coffee Rub
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped.
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz.) can Chickpeas
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz. can), crushed tomatoes
- (Optional: Cheese, Yogurt, & Cilantro)
- Remove and discard the skin of the chicken.
- Pull chicken into strips and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add Onion and cook until tender; about 4 minutes.
- Add Garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas to the pot and mash lightly with a fork. then add half of the Mellow Moroccan Coffee Rub.
- Stir in Chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, and remaining Mellow Moroccan Coffee Rub. Bring contents to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and add chicken, bring to a simmer, and cook uncovered for about 30 minutes; stirring occasionally. Chili will thicken.
- Top with cheese, yogurt, and cilantro, if desired.